You can read the EEOC’s Questions and Answers about Health Care Workers and the Americans with Disabilities Act here. You'll find answers to common questions like:
- When is a health care worker an individual with a disability under the ADA?
- Are health care applicants or employees who are alcoholics or who engage in illegal drug use considered to have a disability under the ADA?
- What determines if a health care worker is “qualified” to perform a job within the meaning of the ADA?
- What is a request for accommodation, and what should an employer and an individual with a disability do after a request for accommodation has been made?
- Will an employer’s “light duty” program satisfy its obligation to make reasonable accommodations under the ADA?
- and more